Sunday, July 29, 2012

Snow White & The Huntsman - Tash

A film I was waiting anxiously to see. I had watched the IMDB shorts and was suckered in by what turned out to be the best 2 minutes of the entire film. I also thought this would hold me over til Breaking Dawn part II. 127 minutes of regurgitated scenes (yes Kristen Stewart - I am talking to you! Chris Helmsworth you aren't that far behind in receiving my wraith) with a twist that was predictable and groan worthy (this was no The Sixth Sense roller coaster let me assure you!). Let's talk about the regurgitated scenes, Kristen Stewart, far be it from me to tell you how to do your job, but even I would have thought character portrayals would change slightly from movie to movie. Too many times during this film I flashed back to Twilight, when you bestowed your pained, semi-vacant, love forlorn stare upon your leading man (just to be clear this works for me in Twilight as no woman can resist Edward). Chris Helmsworth you get a free pass because you were pretty darn amazing in Thor. I do feel the need to point out the inconsistent accent which came and went amusingly throughout the film. There are some good parts...the CGI is stunning (if unoriginal). I am delighted to see someone reusing the leftover programming from Terminator 2, the use of "forced perception" (best utilized by Peter Jackson in LOTR)with perhaps a little too much CGI was satisfactory (although not to the 'Little People of America' who likened the passing over of people of small stature for the roles as job stealing) and the scenery was almost enough to distract me from the pathetic storyline and even worse attempts at acting. Charlize Theron was the only shining light in this film. Her performance was solid when compared with wooden attempts at character portrayal around her. A special mention to the young Snow White portrayed by Raffey Cassidy (who also popped up as the young Angelique in Dark Shadows). Rupert Sanders this is not a film directorial debut I would be hanging my hat on....remember in Hollywood you are only as good as your last film (and I am horrified to see Snow White & The Huntsman 2 is in the works). 1/5 stars. Disappointedly yours, Tash

1 comment:

  1. Ahh, great expectations often lead to dissapointment!!! Perhaps the company and surrounding patrons lead to the movie viewing environment to be less than suitable :) Quite possibly we could make it a trackie night viewing and i could sway your enjoyment of the film. xx Guess who?

    ReplyDelete