Monday, October 1, 2012

Should I dread DREDD?

When I saw the preview of the upcoming "Dredd" I thought it lacked any discernible plot - but it stars two of my favourites: Lena Heady (Sarah Connor Chronicles & Game of Thrones) & Karl Urban (LOTR, JJA's Star Trek, Bourne Supremacy & RED).
However, I just read an article about it, and unlike its silly predecessor, it's not trying to appeal to a wider audience. It is brutally violent (rated R), but I think I actually want to see it now. I'm interested in the detail, especially with the 'Slo-Mo' effects. 
It's also a British Indie film, not the Hollywood remake I suspected... and as it's referencing the comics it suddenly has more cred for me. So I think I'll add it to my must-see list. If for nothing else but to see how Urban shows expression with only his mouth, and to enjoy Lena being the perfect bad-ass mudda!

No comments:

Post a Comment